Volunteer for a week that will change your life
Simply put, Camp PossAbility wouldn’t be possible without our incredible volunteers. Help us make Camp 2020 the best yet!
Our volunteer duos shadow a camper assigned to them 1:1 throughout the week and assist them with their activities of daily life.
As a camp volunteer, you should be:
- Fun, energetic and outgoing
- Willing to lend a helping hand whenever needed
- Ready to try new things and leave their comfort zone
- Up for showing off your dance moves (actual skills not necessary)
- 18 or older
- In good physical health
What you’ll get:
- A week full of great memories and experiences
- Lifelong friends
- Two awesome free t-shirts
- 100 direct contact/volunteer hours
- A week of free meals and coffee, all the coffee! (trust us, you’ll need it)
You can expect to help with things such as:
- Showering and dressing
- Catheterization set up or leg bag emptying
- Bowel program cleanup
- Don’t worry, you won’t be responsible for any medical care unless you are a medical professional.
Activities you might assist with:
- Alpine tower climbing/ziplining
- Adapted sports
- Board games
- And much more, as activities frequently change from year-to-year
Other miscellaneous notes on what you can expect and what is expected:
- Long days, we get up early and stay up late since each day is packed with activities
- A great workout, lots of steps walking around camp and assisting wheelchairs up and down hills
- Your camper will be within arm’s length all week, unless you are on a break
- No alcohol, tobacco or marijuana is allowed on the campus.
- No peanut products are allowed.
- Closed toe shoes should be worn at all times, trust us those power wheelchairs are heavy!
- Activities happen rain or shine, so it’s good to be prepared with appropriate clothing and supplies.
Why do people choose to volunteer at Camp PossAbility?
Student volunteers who are needed:
- Med or Pre-Med
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Recreational therapy
- Respiratory therapy
- Speech-Language pathology
Professional volunteers who are needed:
- M.D.s or D.O.s
Volunteer registration information:
- There is a $25 registration fee, which helps cover some food and lodging costs
- Applications are due by June 1, but will be accepted until all positions are filled
- You are responsible for running and submitting your own background check
- Background checks are due by July 1
- All volunteers arrive at 1:00 p.m. July 25, the day before the campers arrive, for training
- For any additional questions, please contact Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Volunteer at Camp?
Your Application will be processed securely with our CampDocs registration portal.