A Camp for Young Adults
Camp PossAbility is an adapted camp for young adults ages 18-40 with spinal cord injuries who have a traditional high school diploma or are on a typical track for graduation and who use a wheelchair for mobility. As spots allow, we also include other young adults with physical disabilities who meet the same requirements.
Campers thrive in an inclusive bunk house style camping environment that exists to provide campers a traditional camp experience filled with outdoor adventures, friendship forming, and personal growth.
Features of camp:
- Fun outdoor adventure activities (adapted alpine tower climbing, swimming, biking, Bellyaking, and canoeing to name a few)
- Classes for personal growth (vary each year)
- An assigned volunteer (DUO) who helps you 1:1 with activities of daily life (showering, dressing, toileting, transferring as needed)
- A medical team (doctors, nurses) who can help with all medical needs (bowel programs, catheterizations, daily skin checks, etc) and have extensive knowledge on spinal cord injuries and all the quirks that come with it!
- Opportunities to try new things
- A safe, supportive environment to grow your independence and improve your skills
- The ability to learn from others with similar situations to yours
- A support network of friends and peers
Meet some campers from Camp PossAbility
Daily Schedule (subject to change):
- 6:00 to 7:00—Wake-up
- 7:00 to 7:30–Stroll to breakfast
- 7:30 to 8:30–Breakfast
- 9:00 to 11:30–Activity #1
- 11:30 to 12:30—Lunch
- 12:30 to 2:00—Rest Time/optional activity
- 2:30 to 4:00—Activity #2
- 4:30 to 6:00—Activity #3
- 6:30 to 7:30—Dinner
- 7:30 to 9:00—Evening activity (all cabins)
- 9:00 to 10:30—nightly procedures/bedtime prep
- 10:30—Campers in bed
- 11:00–Volunteers in bed
- Dates: July 26 at 2 p.m. to July 31, 2020 at 10 a.m.
- Registration Begins: November, 2019
- Registration Deadline: July 1, 2020
- What you Pay: $600; includes meals, activities, and lodging; this is NON-REFUNDABLE after you are accepted to Camp PossAbility.
- What we pay for you to attend camp: Approximately $4100 per camper. We actually raise the additional camp fees with grants, scholarships, and donations so we encourage everyone to help raise additional funding when possible!
Have any questions? Please contact Lauren @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Wonder if you qualify for a week of fun?
Here’s a quick camper qualifications checklist:
- You’re between 18 and 40 years old
- Have a spinal cord injury that requires use of a wheelchair
- Have a traditional high school diploma or are on the path to get one
- Are ready for a week of fun, laughs, adventure, bonfires, new friends and so much more
If you answered yes to all of these, then what are you waiting for?!
Click ‘Register Now’ and we look forward to seeing you this summer at Camp PossAbility!
Ready to go to camp?
Your Application will be processed securely with our CampDocs registration portal.